Thursday, August 30, 2007

good night

the sun sets on another beautiful evening, again we must part. slowly slipping away from you for yet another night. i always hate this part of the day, the part that makes this end. i spend my nights after you leave writing, i sit here with my open heart waiting for the day you take it away. im reaching out to you, waiting for you to grab it. i can see it in your eyes when i look at you, i can even hear it in your voice when your words roll of your tongue. the way your infatuated with me amuses me. i hold on to your words, without them i would fall ever so far. fall into a river of tears.

often as i sit here and write the words are hard to find. something isnt connected. somethings missing. the thoughts arent as fluent as they used to be. could it be all this silence? i didnt want to leave you again tonight. i didnt want to have to say good bye. i know its not forever. its just till tomorrow. but just once, i would love to wake to your smiling face. even though, if it wa
s just once, the night after i would be sitting here wishing i had that every night. i do want that every night.

we danced under the stars. you held me so tight. it was just me and you, and the moon lit sky. i wanted to be lost in that moment forever. i still am, but only in thought. its so wonderful having you on my mind. to have a reason to write, for someone to hold. if only the words could explain my feelings.

so another night i lay in bed, with you in thought, soon to be in my dreams. one day you shall be beside me. that one day will come soon. for you i would to anything. this life is to short for me to express my love. but in the time that we have. i will take you to the moon and back.

No comments: